CalendarFest 2021 - Call for Contributions
CalendarFest is a novel (virtual) event, which wants to let users and developers of (electronic) calendar applications, servers, and related groupware systems, share experiences and discuss novel ideas.
CalendarFest will take place 18th of October, 02:30h PM UTC virtually via Zoom, and is held in conjunction with the CalConnect virtual conference.
People who wish to discuss or present certain topics are invited to submit a proposal for lightning talks.
Lightning Talk presentations will be a maximum of 15-20 minutes each. Presenters may use slides, but these must be submitted to the Lightning Talks chair a few days before the presentation.
Lightning Talk proposals must be submitted in PDF format. The proposal is limited to 1 page, 500 words max. The full proposal contains a title, an abstract (maximum 250 words) and a description where you should explain your talk in more detail. It will be helpful for reviewers to know why you are excited about the topic, and why you think others will be interested too. Outline how you plan to present your topic. The proposal also may contain a link to a website with more information.
- Enterprise calendaring
- Public calendaring
- Calendaring and Semantic Web/Linked Data
- Calendar Interoperability and Migration
- Calendaring Security and Privacy by Design
- Personal information management (PIM) and groupware
- AI in calendaring
- Calendaring and scheduling in IoT
- Mobile calendaring
- Calendar visualization, user experience and usability
- Novel applications of calendars
- Calendaring standards (vCard, iCal, CalDAV, CardDAV, JMAP)
- Date/Time representations and Time zones
- Business models for calendaring and groupware
Submissions will be reviewed by the following members of the CalConnect TC-CLIENT technical committee:
- Mike Douglass
- Hans-Jörg Happel
- Alex Nimmervoll
- Send your lightning talk proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org until October, 4th
- You will receive a notification of acceptance or reject by October, 11th
- CalendarFest will take place on October, 18th
Participation at CalendarFest will be free for presenters of accepted talks. Other participants need to register for a small organizational fee, which also allows for participation at the “colocated” CalConnect Virtual Conference.
CalConnect (www.calconnect.org) is a non-profit partnership between vendors and users of collaboration systems and tools, in particular calendaring and scheduling. CalConnect members convene regularly to discuss and develop standards for electronic calendaring and related topics.
The goal of CalendarFest, which is held in conjunction with the CalConnect Virtual Conference, is to provide an interdisciplinary discussion space for current topics in electronic calendaring from different perspectives.